- Hillel Academy of Broome County was founded in 1962 in response to a community need for intensive Jewish Education
- Hillel is located in one of the smallest Jewish Communities to house and sustain a Day School.
- Hillel encompasses all elementary grades, Kindergarten through Grade 5
- As a community school, Hillel students and families reflect the diversity of the Jewish Community
Family synagogue affiliation approximates 35% Orthodox, 20% Conservative, 25% Reform and 15% unaffiliated
- Hillel graduates enter High School with about 7 years credit towards the New York State graduation requirements. Most students have met their Foreign Language requirement by completing the Hebrew Regents exam, achieved success on the Math A and Earth Science Regents exam, and earn advanced placement in Spanish with successful completion of the Spanish Proficiency exam
- Hillel curriculum includes all mandated subjects in the general studies and a complete range of subjects in Judaic Studies
- Music, Art, Physical Education and Computer instruction are all incorporated into the school day
- Student resources include IPad Classroom, full school Library and Computer resources.
- Professional and highly experience faculty with about half being at the school for 10 years or more
- Small classes and low teacher-student ratio allows for individualized instruction
- Multi-age instructional model offers enhanced academic opportunities and increased social interaction in our small, co-educational classes
- Hillel Academy is a beneficiary agency of the Jewish Federation of Broome County and receives support from all segments of the community
We are proud to be a member agency of the Jewish Federation of Broome County